The Sunshine State Young Readers Award (SSYRA) program is a reading motivational program, whose purpose is to encourage students to read independently for pleasure and to read books that are on, above, and below their reading level in order to improve their reading fluency.
*Parents please note that these books are chosen for students in grades 3 through 5 by the SSYRA committee. Based on the subject and reading level, some of the books will be better suited for your child than others. I encourage you to become familiar with the books and if you have any questions let us know.*
Hunt SSYRA Club “Rules”
- You must pass the A.R. quiz (70% or higher) for the incentives
- Someone can read the book to you or with you and it will count
- You may only check out one S.S.Y.R.A. book at a time from the library
- S.S.Y.R.A. books cannot be overdue or renewed so you only have two weeks to read them, get started as soon as you check one out!
- To vote in the Battle of the Books you must read at least 3 books/pass quiz.
- Students who read at least 10 of the books/pass quiz are invited to take part in the School Battle of the Books. Top 5 readers become our representatives for the district battle.