Welcome Parents and Caregivers!
Welcome to the 2022-23 school year at R. B. Hunt!
Dear Students and Parents,
R. B. Hunt is now 67 years young! What changes our school has seen over the years! As I write this letter, I am feeling so excited for this next year. We are dedicated to moving children forward in their learning, helping them grow socially and emotionally and supporting healthy physical development. I am glad you are joining us on this journey.
As your principal at R. B. Hunt, my job is to:
- Place the needs of children first in all decisions I make.
- Focus on increasing student achievement in reading, writing, social studies, science, and math
- Balance children’s social/emotional needs and intervene when needed with support
- Model and promote the Six Pillars of Character and “S.H.I.N.E.” principles
- Provide a safe and welcoming school environment
My goal is to provide our students with the most productive and rewarding year of their young lives. Your emphasis on the importance of school, and regular school attendance with your support and cooperation, will help us to achieve this goal. If our school community works as a team, we can accomplish anything. We are all in this together.
I encourage you to get involved in our school. Our School Advisory Team meets monthly, the first Tuesday of the month at 3:10. All interested community members are welcome to attend. Our Parent Teacher Advisory Organizations meets Thursday mornings throughout the year at 8:40. (see calendar for dates)
Please feel free to contact your child’s teacher, Mrs. Larson, our assistant principal, or myself, if you have an issue or concern that can help us better serve our students. Thank you for trusting us with your most precious children.
Amanda S. Garman